Thursday 4 August 2011

Crai Reservoir - Equipped with a team of flies!

I will be fly fishing Crai Reservoir again soon. I have been given the advice that small black flies work well there as well as the old favourite gold hares ear. I have fished the venue before and have walked its perimeter a few times so have some good ideas of where to fish, I'm just waiting for the weather to become fine again as it is currently blustery which showers in South Wales. I have prepared though with a team of flies with the hares ear acting as the point fly with two small black flies as droppers. Fingers crossed for an improvement in the weather and therefore some wild brown trout hunting!
One spot that delivered the goods last time.

My first wild brown trout caught last year!

2 comments:

  1. Hi James
    Trout are great sport on a fly but don't overlook warm water species like pike and especially carp, as finicky as trout and they pull a lot harder.
    Tight lines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey John,

    Only just seen your comment! Thanks for the feedback, I do fish for carp and pike, and everything in-between! In fact my favourite fishing is for bass and pike and I hope to get amongst some pike this week with bass fishing in the summer!

    Tight lines!!!

    ReplyDelete